“If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest” — Benjamin Franklin, who did a few things in the 18th century.
* Kurt Metzger and his team at Data Driven Detroit have been busy indeed with the wealth of data from the 2010 Census. Now available at their site is a county by county look at how Michigan has changed demographically from 2000 to 2010:
* Downtown Midland could get a $50 million development project:
* Gentex is looking for more than 1,000 new workers for its Zeeland operation. The firm is holding a job fair today in Holland to help fill 300 of the new slots:
* Could more housing be in the future for downtown Kalamazoo?:
* Almost 20 state lawmakers in Minnesota are retrieving salary they did not get during the state’s recent government shutdown. State workers, says this story, don’t have this option. How many campaign ads will materialize off of this little maneuver?: