- To raise student accomplishment, raise student expectationsMichigan’s students are capable of great things, but they have to be asked. Set the bar high, provide support, and watch them rise to the challenge.
- Employers should form alliances against coming talent shortagesParadoxically, training employees to eventually leave their current jobs may be the best strategy for keeping good jobs filled.
- Echoing state, Detroit schools cut back on standardized testsBowing to complaints about test fatigue, Detroit reins in the amount of time students spend on in-district standardized tests.
- Giving Michigan nurses more authority to prescribe drugs and treat patientsWith new legislation on the horizon, advocates for expanded practice rights for highly trained nurses say the move would lower costs and improve access to health care, particularly in rural Michigan.
- To raise student accomplishment, raise student expectations